Provincial Justice Committee
The Justice Committee shall be an apex body of Islamabad Capital Territory responsible for ensuring the effective administration,operation and development of a fair, Impartial and inclusive rule of law and organisations to address provincial law, justice and security challenges within the ICT. To this end, the Justice Committee shall as a forum for provincial inter-organisational coordination and cooperation:
- Review the law and order status in the province/jurdisdication and take necessary measure/s to enhance the operation and effectiveness of the rule of law organisations.
- Lead The Review, formulation, coordination and implementation of rule of law reforms in the province/jurdisdication.
- Formulate policies and plans for effective implementation of the rule of law to address security and justice challenges.
- Review, formulate and coordination the design, implementation and impact of rule of law reforms and related projects and programmes.
- In particular to improve Service Delivery:
- Enhance coordination between the respective rule of law organisations.
- Enhance judicial-executive coordination to improve justice sector service delivery.
- Conduct institutional, organisational and impact assessments to review and strengthen departmental/organisational performance and effectiveness.
- Formulate and implement performance standards.
- Formulate and implement monitoring and evaluate frameworks to ensure effective and timely service delivery and reform implementation.
- Develop operating process, procedures, plans and policies to enhance the quality of justice and security effectiveness.
- To review the performance of and provide policy guidance to the district Criminal Justice Coordination Committees (DCJCCs), or their equivalent bodies.
- To review DCJCC recommendations and where necessary issue policy and/or operational directions and/or measures.
- Make recommendations to the Federal and Provincial governments and the LJCP to strengthen rule of law institutions and organisations to improve Service Delivery.
Cheif Justice Islamabad High Court
Member / Secretary
Secretary Law, Justice & Human Rights
Advocate General, ICT
Inspector General of Police, ICT
Mr.Muhammad Tanveer Mir, D&SJ, Islamabad
Any official or person selected by the PJC
Co-opted / Observer / Member's